The page you are currently on has been created to gather all the information, regarding plans aimed at helping Ukrainian citizens in this very sad and difficult period for all, in one place. The student community at the University of Warmia and Mazury and the inhabitants of Olsztyn have taken it upon themselves to help organize these actions. The following information is useful both for people and organizations that want to support the initiative, undertake cooperation by joining the campaign, and especially people who need or will need help in many aspects of their life. We are in contact with other organizations that are carrying out similar projects. We would be grateful if you could support this important cause any way you can. If you want to help us or need help organizing an event yourself, you will find the relevant information below, which will be updated on a regular basis.
Our actions were inspired by students of Olsztyn University who are Ukrainian citizens or have strong ties to the country. They suggested contacting the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Łuck, who provided us with tips on how we can be effective in helping. Łuck has been a partner city of Olsztyn since 1997. We stated that it would be a gesture of solidarity to help, with its inhabitants in mind, although it is possible that our help may reach other people in need as well. After consulting with several organizations, we have compiled a list of items that will be needed by the people of our neighboring cities, regardless of the course of events – no matter which side of the border they will be on.
At the moment, the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn is taking the following actions:
- Fundraising and collection of necessary items, as described below.
- Psychological assistance for students from Ukraine is provided by the Center for Psychological Assistance and Psychoeducation UWM “Empatia”. If you need support, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com. At the moment, support is provided in Polish and English.
The academic community declares its willingness to help in other areas. All information on the actions taken will be updated on a regular basis.
Currently, we are very focused on fundraising.
We are organizing a fundraiser through the zrzutka.pl, website, the money raised will be allocated to the purchase of the most necessary items at the moment, i.e
- Medical supplies – most urgently needed
- Long-term food products (specifically ready meals, canned food, pasta, dried fruit, baby formula)
- Bottled mineral water
- Sleeping bags, mattresses, blankets (including thermal)
- Everyday hygiene items (including sanitary napkins, diapers for children and adults, towels)
- Cleaning agents
If it is possible, please separate individual groups of products into separate packages. This will greatly facilitate the efficient segregation of articles 🙂
The second collection is stationary and includes all organizations involved in our action plan. The products listed above can be delivered to:
- The best option – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – the reception of any dormitory located in Kortowo (preferably close to our warehouse) – DS1, DS2, DS3, DS4, DS6, DS8, DS9.
- UWM University Library in Olsztyn (ul. Oczapowskiego 12b from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 20:00)
- Specific donation points organized at the faculties (organization of collections is coordinated by Student-Faculty Self-Governments)
If someone wants to hand over a large number of items, they can do so directly by driving to our warehouse in DS 10 in Kortowo, ul. Kanafojskiego 10. However, please contact us in advance by calling 697 109 150 (Piotr Wałejko), 695 448 170 (Bartosz Prusik) or 882 406 755 (Maciej Sikorski).
- The Union of Ukrainians in Poland – Olsztyn/ OУП Міський гурток в Ольштині
- President and City Hall of Olsztyn
- ŻAK Foundation of the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
- XII Secondary School named after Maria and Georg Dietrich in Olsztyn
- FOSA Federation – Olsztyn
- MPEC Olsztyn
- Coffee Station in Kortowo
We will collect the collected articles successively in Kortowo, at the same time being in constant contact with other organizations to transport them to a designated place at the right moment. If someone wants to hand over a larger number of articles, they can do so directly by driving a car to our warehouse in DS10 in Kortowo, ul. Kanafojskiego 10. However, please contact us in advance by calling 697 109 150 (Piotr Wałejko), 695 448 170 (Bartosz Prusik) or 882 406 755 (Maciej Sikorski).
If you want to support us by organizing a collection of articles on your own or donating more of them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact to coordinators:
- Bartosz Prusik: 695 448 170
- Piotr Wałejko: 697 109 150
- Maciej Sikorski: 882 406 755
You decide how you can help. You can donate the necessary things, provide a flat or shelter for those in need, but also support organizational activities and become a volunteer.
There are several options for help:
- material support: people who have left their homes often have only the most necessary things and supplies for a few days. Direct support for them includes: water, food, medical supplies and dressings, blankets, sleeping bags, camp beds, clothing;
- a flat or shelter: some refugees need a flat for a few/several days;
- various means of transport: to transport aid to the territory of Ukraine, as well as people in need;
- personal support: delivering support to a large group of people is a logistical challenge. You can get involved as a volunteer who will help those in need there.
Apply and write to pomochumanitarnaUA@msz.gov.pl.